This is a video demonstration on how to properly disassemble and remove the parts to clean a Springfield Armory XDS handgun.
Regardless of caliber they are all the same to disassemble, but in this case I will use my 9mm.
- Remove the magazine and always point the firearm in a safe direction and always assume the firearm is loaded.
- Visibly check the chamber to make sure it’s empty.
- Bring the slide back into the rear position and lock with the slide stop lever.
- Then move the disassembly lever into the 12 o clock position.
- Unlock the slide, move forward while also pressing the trigger to release the slide from the frame.
- Once removed from the frame, you can easily remove the barrel and spring.
Hope this helped!
Leave a Reply