If you’re interested in trying out the deer heart, then here’s a quick and simple easy way to clean and cook it.
Here’s my simple and easy way to cook up the deer heart:
- Cut off the ventricles and remove the fatty areas.
- Slice the heart into 1/4” steaks or however you prefer
- Clean out the inside thoroughly and remove any of the connective tissue.
- Place slices in a cast iron skillet on medium-high heat with butter, salt, pepper, garlic, onions, red wine or Worcestershire sauce.
- Cook for about 3 minutes on each side or until desired doneness.
Deer heart is high in iron and zinc, vitamin B2, vitamin B6, and vitamin B12 so there’s health benefits to eating it.
Additionally, you can also fry it up in bacon grease after your breakfast, throw in some pepper, and it’s delicious as well.
You can see additional comments and variations from other folks on our Facebook post.